Home Forums General Topics (Rated “M” For Mature) OK…. Its time to get this ball rolling and have some fun!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by plugzit plugzit 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    davehelms
    davehelms
    Participant

Now over due by months, I was supposed to have this forum project started no later than Thanksgiving weekend, at the very latest. As seems always the case……

Filling the position of the current day Socrates, Richard (Futureman… or Trick Dickle… or what ever the hell he is calling himself today…) always states in our lunch time meetings, “Wish in one hand……….”, while sharing his knowledge of the ages, this while taking a break from putting a man on Mars… or changing out paperclips… or what ever the hell he does across the street. So much to catch up on, so many stories to tell, so many projects in process. Its time to get this ball rolling and create a fun place where we can discuss and solve Red Car problems without the nonsense that always seems to follow topics discussed on the Net.

For the dozens of folks from across the World that have demanded updates on Old Joe of the 330GT S1 “Barn Find Thread”…. Dementia set in and our latest fire to fight was to first have him hospitalized for a severe eye infection, coming dangerously close to loosing his right eye, followed by moving him into an assisted care facility, this being his newest ‘home’. No different than from the Barn Find Thread (BFT)….. that is the ULTRA condensed version of the story….. Joe just seems to bring that about, nothing is as it first appears and you would think a doorknob like me would learn in time… Not. I have decided that a Chapter TWO of the ‘BFT’ has now become an absolute requirement with so much having happened in the last few years and so many requesting a continuation of the initial thread.

HINT: If EVER requiring hospitalization in Boulder CO, demand the 3rd floor of the “Foothills” facility…. damn…. I mean Really… DAAAAMN! Old Joe, forever the ladies man….. most guys wish for a speedy recovery so they can leave the hospital… those guys didn’t know about “the 3rd floor” at Boulder Foothills Hospital. Joe…. he KNOWS and is perfectly happy staying put right there, a lucky man indeed but that is a whole story in itself!

A NEW website…. what can I say about that?! Jason developed a new method to split the atom with this one! Having held the unique honor of having the “Worst website on the entire NET”, for near a decade…….. His personal efforts with this little project….. words escape me, imagine that?! “How hard can it be… you stick a few pictures up, write a few lines of gibberish… and poof… a new website”? Jason continues to insist it is a wee bit more difficult than that and it takes more than a weekend… I dunno about that, it doesn’t have a “sport” button or a gated shifter so I really dont want to know about it, but I sure like what I see.

Projects this summer/fall…. oh, just a few here and there. One of two Factory Built 246 Dino Race Cars, these two being the first and second “Flare cars”… dug out of a garage a few miles from the shop and now looking for a new home…. the stories that come with this one are a gut buster! An exceedingly important 250 SWB in for extensive service. A BB that had not been driven in a decade, apart for an engine janitorial operation. A 512TR valve job/complete everything…. Jamie’s Mondial starts up again, Howard’s 3.2 starts up for SRI V 2.0 improvements, Ted’s is back where it belongs after an INCREDIBLE weekend with Ted, Hank, Steve O. and Steve S ripping up Mountain Roads…… I am talking about one to remember, including Estes Park “Beer, Bands and Brats”…. the works, a memory maker! A GTE for complete custom suspension, 458 new car repair / proper PDI / and customer delivery for an out of state dealer, Steve O’s 355 5.2 that changed everything we thought we knew, and put into testing a ground breaking new SRI advancement for the 5 valve engines…. 430’s every where now that we have the incredible late model knowledge base that Jeffery brings to our team…. Bob W’s 430 gremlins SOLVED after years of searching for answers by dozens of others that proceeded us….. Jenni is now at FULL stride, managing and improving projects from conception to end, while not elbow deep in an engine bay. I could take this paragraph on for as much band width as Jason saw fit to get But… you get the picture. It has been an incredible Summer/Fall, one for the record books…. and now just a starting point.

davehelms
    davehelms
    Participant

Update continued…

Recently chosen as the LEAD North American distributor for an Incredible new Ferrari Tester, while assisting in the furthering development of that said Tester… one that will truly change how FERRARI SERVICE work is done in the Industry, while making the dealer SD-3’s and all the After Market testers obsolete…. Our SRI efforts have now been recognized and the efforts behind them have been rewarded! Changing how these Red Cars are repaired, by those that really care… one car at a time….

Oh Yes, we have that little “New SR/SRI Building” thing…. Politics being what it is these days, MAGPUL, the firearms manufacturer, was forced to leave our state of CO, into neighboring WY and TX. Opportunity being what it is, what does one do with 25K (!) sq ft of 30 ft high floor space, protected by a security and fire system justified only on a “Federal Firearms Manufacturer”, better than 5 times what we currently have? “Creativity” says indoor car storage for 120+ cars, 4 levels high on custom hydraulic lifts, a ‘partnership’ with big name Museums, a FULL showroom to go with our new dealers license, some 15+ service bays, 2+ acres of outdoor trailer/RV storage area…. INSANE? Damn sure right it is but, I have held the reins back on this little business for better than a decade now and now with a staff capable of “DOING IT RIGHT”….. its time. The upside, we will only grow the Service Dept by a tech or two, those only being hand picked after intense scrutiny because I will never forget where I, SR and SRI came from, and refuse to change what made our mark and name in our this Industry!

Fun Stuff? Oh, you have no idea, it is what dreams are made of! Working with my Family, along side Trusted and Dear Friends, all working arm in arm, all with the same Goals and Passions…. People dream of such a thing to happen in their lifetimes………. I am amongst the very few who actually realize it!

So much more to follow……………..

davehelms
    davehelms
    Participant

…. and again…..

A 4th request to do a Reality Show on our SR / SRI efforts was met by me with a wee bit more enthusiasm this time due to their wants to do a serious show on a serious shop that happens to be having fun doing what we do.

A little history on the prior requests:

Version 3.0 wanted to do an in depth show about “corruption in the exotic car industry”… Yah, that’s what I want to be connected with and involved in… NOT! “Nope, thanks for calling”, next?

Version 2.0…. “We heard you folks eat the likes of the Motorcycle guys for lunch….can your Daughter’s beat up those guys?” Sure can, they would mop the floor with them but that isnt what we do in the course of a normal day, Thanks for calling….

This last request was made by the production company who produces all the shows on most cable channels and involved a Skype interview of everyone in the shop, individually. Someone in my midst countered my personal description of being “laid back, soft and fuzzy, new age Boulder Milktoast, Dave”, with “Its Dave’s way or the Highway”.

Being as each interview was held privately in my engine room, behind closed doors…. I am not “positive” who the trouble maker is but….. deductive reasoning, a fathers instinct and the fact that Niki stopped by to have lunch and was also interviewed, suggests I can narrow it down to one or two, possibly a team effort….

Time will tell if I warm up to this idea, at least at this point I have evened the playing field with equal numbers of Males to counter what was once and overwhelming majority of Females present in the shop throughout the day…. hence the calmer, laid back, sane, Dave.

The Production Company was quite interested because we have name recognition in Europe as well as North America, something they find important. Who knows, we dont have to make up any shit, “the daily reality” in this business is vastly stranger than any storyline a writer could dream up, REALLY!

Trick Dickle
    Trick Dickle
    Participant

All that effort, and not a single reply. You need to work on your marketing skills.

My two cents:

You misspelled “milktoast”. It’s “milquetoast”, remember. Look it up. It’s legit.

I’m Trick Dickle here because I have no desire to bespoil your website with any FChat virus. Futureman died on FChat from all the addlepated dunderheads who drove him to the brink of trading in the Ferrari for a Pantera. So the new name just goes in line with my persona of “just a good ol’ boy…never meanin’ no harm”.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Trick Dickle
    Trick Dickle
    Participant

Oh, and one other thing…

I’m not sure if the world is ready for “behind the scenes” at Scuderia Rampante.

This is about the only “behind the scenes” I’m looking for these days…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Seattle328
    Seattle328
    Participant

I see Richard has been taking to the kids to the zoo again. Why is it that when I go to the Lion exhibit all I see are Lions?

davehelms
    davehelms
    Participant

He is just tramatized and trying to come to grips with my techy status, and will now want to change the spelling of that as well. I will find him a “My other car is a Prius” bumper sticker for the red car and everything will be right again

Trick Dickle
    Trick Dickle
    Participant

I couldn’t figure out what the hell Ettore was talking about. Then I looked at the “selfie” picture again. I swear, I never even saw that lion in the background. What does that say about me? What does that say about Ettore that he did see it? Photo caption: lions in the bush.

Techy Dave. Yeah, I don’t like that. I think the better bumper sticker for me around here would be “I anally rape kittens”. Slap that on the back of a Ferrari around here and see what kind of rage I get from Boulder milquetoast hippies.

Trick Dickle
    Trick Dickle
    Participant

Say, that reminds me. I need to get a cat.

The mouse problem has finally brought Shannon on board.

plugzit
    plugzit
    Participant

Mmmm….boxers like cats!

plugzit
    plugzit
    Participant

Coming attraction: Moving Mountains of Priceless Pieces out of Boulder’s Bowels

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.